One of my best memories as a child were the times I spent camping with my family. It’s a great way to bond with your kids and a creative way to celebrate their birthday. Here are a few ways to help you get ready for fun, fall nights, roasting marshmallows and camping under the stars.
1) There are specific camping equipment made for kids. Check out some of these cool camping gear. (Kids Dome Camping Tent and Youth Glow-in-the-Dark Solar Quad Chair from Coleman.)
2) Then, before you go make sure to test out all your equipment and gear outside or inside of your home.
3) Don’t forget to pack the essentials such as lots of water, sunscreen and an emergency kit. These are from REI.
4) Choose somewhere nearby and make sure to find out if you’ll need to obtain a permit to camp there.
5) Have fun with food! Check out Familyfun.com for recipes from everything from s’mores and trail mix to pan-fried trout! Yum!
6) And if you’re throwing a camping birthday party or just a casual gathering with family and friends, send out one of these fun, party invitations.
7) Check out Budget Travel’s article, “Camping Tips for Parents,” for more information.