We are thrilled to have Kim from Newly Woodwards here today to share her inspiration for her son’s 2nd tractor themed birthday party.
There are few things more fun to plan than a child’s birthday party. It’s a time to be fun and playful. I also love to choose a theme that the child loves, and then pull in some unique details to make it feel special.
When my son turned two, we decided on a tractor theme for my little machinery lover. When I spotted the beaming birthday invites, I knew that the primary colors with a photo of Henry on a tractor would really set the tone for the party.
The invites were perfect in primary colors and I really liked addition of the Kraft envelopes, too. I spruced them up with a hand-carved tractor stamp.
I actually loved the invite package so much that I pulled the primary colors, Kraft paper and tractor design into other elements of the party, too.
- Stamping napkins with the same stamp as the invite. It’s a custom napkin at a fraction of the price.
- Creating a special shirt for the birthday boy with the same tractor as the invites.
- Using burlap and Kraft paper to cover tables, along with a pop of primary colors.
- Designing a special tractor dig for kids. (I simply brought our sand table and filled it with a bag of corn. Then, I brought all of our tractors from home to play. It was the hit of the party!)
- Purchasing tractor cookies from a local bakery. The tractors were designed from the one on the invite and packaged on sticks so I could display them in a small hay bale. These also doubled as favors.
- Making a dirt cake and placing it in the trailer of a tractor for the birthday boy.
It was a special day to celebrate a special 2-year-old. Everyone seemed to enjoy the party – especially the birthday boy himself.
Shop Tiny Prints: Beaming Birthday Party Invitation
See more of the birthday party on Kim’s blog here.