We are delighted to have Krisha from Jacks and Kate share her fun and whimsical party hat DIY with our readers today.
I love a good party hat! I think they are a must, especially for kid birthday parties. These little paper crowns are super easy and can be made with items you may already have on hand.
- Paper baking cups
- Kraft paper
- String elastic
- Hot glue
- Begin by cutting kraft paper feathers (I did not use a pattern, just a general feather shape)
- Fold feather in half lengthwise and crease.
- While still folded and at a downward angle, make small cuts all the way the feather.
- Unfold and set aside.
- For the flower medallion, cut a small strip of kraft paper.
- Next, twist it into a rope shape.
- Begin rolling into a flower shape, secure with glue.
- Punch two small holes across from each other on the bottom of the cup.
- Then, punch two more holes on the sides of the cup, directly above the previous ones.
- Cut about 12 inches of elastic string and thread through each hole.
- Secure elastic with a double knot and trim excess.
- Attach feathers first, then flower with glue.
These really are so simple to make and could be adapted to fit any party theme.