If Superbowl Sunday is here, that means that Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. While you’re watching the game today, you can start planning this fun DIY food session to create darling treats for the sweetest day of the year. And, since Valentine’s Day falls on a Monday this year, these will be perfect for your kiddos to take to school and share with their friends!
Supplies for a Hershey Kiss Bouquet
- Pink or red cellophane paper
- Hershey Kisses
- Green scrapbook or construction paper
- Wooden skewers
- Floral tape
- Classroom valentine from Tiny Prints (we used our Fashionable Request design)
- Hole punch
Step 1: Create your buds
With a piece of tape, secure two kisses together by their flat side. Cut your cellophane into a square large enough to wrap around both kisses. Secure your skewer into either pointy end of the kisses. Center the other pointy end in the square piece of cellophane and wrap them, twisting at the base of the skewer.
Step 2: Wrap your stems and attach your card
Cut as many leaves as you like and wrap them into the stem as you are covering it with floral tape. Lastly, punch a hole in your personalized valentine so you can secure it to your stems with your ribbon.
Step 3: Give it to your valentine!
Supplies for Homemade Treat Bags
- Clear treat bags from your local craft store
- Pretzels, brownies and marshmallows
- Heart-shaped cookie cutter
- White and dark chocolate for melting
- Pink or red food coloring
- Classroom valentines from Tiny Prints (we used our Handwritten Happy and Crafty Hearts designs)
- Matching Valentine’s Day gift stickers from Tiny Prints
Step 1: Make and decorate your treats
Using your cookie cutter, cut out the brownies and marshmallows into little hearts. Melt your chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl in 20-second increments (be sure not to burn it!). Option: turn your white chocolate pink or red with food coloring. When your chocolate is all ready, decorate away!
Step 2: Package your goodies
Gently place your treats into the clear treat bags and secure them with your personalized stickers or staple them shut using your classroom valentines at the top.
Voila! You now have three fun new ways to make Valentine’s Day just a little bit sweeter.
Sign up for exclusive deals and offers from Tiny Prints!