A new baby girl! How exciting!
A fun way to introduce your new little one to the family is to have a Welcome Home Baby party. I recently threw one for the new mom in my family, and was inspired by the darling Winter Girl Birth Announcement by Tiny Prints.
I instantly fell in love with the gold metallic dots. Dots are so chic right now, and the combination of pink and gold are a match made in heaven.
One feature of the party was pink balloons adorned with tiny tulle poms:
Here’s what you need to make them:
- Cut a piece of tulle that’s 9 in. long.
- Take the 9 in. piece, and cut in half lengthwise. You’ll have two long strips of tulle. Then, cut each strip into thirds. You’ll end up with 6 small squares. Next, cut a separate ½ in.-wide strip from the bolt. (This will be your tie.)
- To assemble the pom, pinch the 6 squares together. Wrap the ½ in. tie around the center, and tie tightly.
- Trim the edges of the pom to make them even. Then, gently pull apart the layers of the pom to fluff them.
- Repeat these steps to make 15-20 poms, or however many you’d like for your balloon.
- Hot glue the poms to the balloon. I spaced them 5-6 in. apart.
To see the rest of the Welcome Home baby party visit Debbie’s blog here.