When it comes to DIY projects, there are a few that you can make once and reuse over and over again. Tissue paper poms and cute party favors may not stand the test of time, but a DIY cake stand is one project that takes very little effort and will pay off for party after party in years to come.
Here’s how it’s done:
- Paint (or spray paint) a wooden candlestick holder white so it can serve as the base of your cake stand.
- Use ceramic glue to attach the base to a white ceramic plate.
- Follow our instructions below to use your new cake stand to create inexpensive decor for any occasion!
- Your new DIY cake stand
- A cute invitation (we used our Baby Patterns baby shower invitation)
- Scrapbook paper and ribbon to match
- Double-sided tape
Create One-of-a-Kind Decor
Cut circles out of the scrapbook paper and use the double-sided tape to attach it to the center of the plates. Then tie bows or wrap the ribbon around the base to create a completely customized look!
We’d love to show more examples, so if you’ve tried this craft at home, send the photos to email@example.com and we’ll be happy to post them!