Moving to your dream house? You’re so lucky! The hardest part, however, is the moving part. All those boxes, and the packing and unpacking can be a little overwhelming. There are however, a lot of great websites you can go to for tips on the best strategies to make your move effortless. Check out FlyLady.net for some awesome tips. About.com also has a great article on helping you to have a smoother move. Here’s a few things I found on various websites and things that have helped me personally:
- The next time you go to a market or store ask them if they have some boxes you can take. A lot of places have more boxes than they know what to do with.
- Remember to bring cleaning supplies to get your new home in tip top shape.
- Get lots and lots of packing material. Think tape, newspapers and bubble wrap!
- Label the outside of our boxes. This seems obvious but sometimes people forget. And can you imagine the horror of having to open up every box to find something as important as toilet paper?
- I think moving is a great time to discard old things that you no longer have any use for. Separate clothes and books that can be donated and other things that need to be thrown away. This way you won’t bring old clutter into your new house.
- Make sure you let friends and family know where to reach you. A great way would be to get some really cool Moving Announcements. Here are just a few from the Tiny Prints collection.