Whether you’re planning a birthday party or just a special day for your kids, cooking is a great activity to share with them to encourage healthy eating and teach them an important skill. Here are a few ideas that will hopefully inspire your next cooking event!
1) Purchase aprons and chef hats for kids. If you get white aprons, one of the activities at your party could be to have guests personalize their own aprons with markers.
2) Find recipes. Have guests bring in their favorite recipes. They can then compile their very own cookbook with some colored paper, pens and scissors.
3) Take an outing. Check out what types of cooking classes are available in your community. A few stores such as Sur La Table offer a variety of classes, with some especially made for kids.
4) Cook at home. If you don’t want to take a class, just buy, borrow or look up fun recipes for kids online. The Food Network is kid-friendly and has great cooking demos for kids.
5) Stock up on food. The best thing about throwing a cooking party is that your guests are the chefs. Just buy ingredients, some snacks and everything needed for baking a sweet birthday cake.
6) Send sweet invitations. These adorable invites are so appropriate for this occasion. They’re ready to serve to your guests for a memorable event.
Sign up for exclusive deals and offers from Tiny Prints!