If you are a regular Tiny Talk or Diva Dialogue reader, then you might already know that I have a puppy. Well, this week, I am excited because our pup is turning 1 year old tomorrow!
I am especially excited about this birthday because I feel like I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Now that he is older, I can see his bad puppy habits are starting to fade away.
Being as excited as I am, I have tossed around the idea of throwing a doggie birthday party. While I don’t have any children of my own, I thought it would be fun to spoil our pup in his own way. Some people think I am crazy, but I think it would be a neat idea.
If you like the idea of celebrating your pup’s special day, here are some fun ideas:
- Bake a cake: Search online for some pet friendly cake recipes for your dog. Some favorites that caught our eye include Peanut Butter Delight and Kibble Cake.
- Buy a special toy & wrap it: Does your dog have a favorite toy? If so, why not buy him a shiny new toy that isn’t already all chewed up. And, for even more fun, you can wrap it and let your dog tear off the paper without getting in trouble!
- Head to day care or the dog park: Is your dog socialized? Then, let your dog play with his neighborhood friends by sending him to day care or taking him to the dog park.
- Head somewhere new & take a long walk: Rather than taking the same old walk, go somewhere different and let your pup explore the new surroundings.
- Have a party: Invite the neighborhood dogs over for a party. Let them run around in the background and nibble on the birthday cake that you made. Some websites like Good Dog Express offer fun dog party supplies.