If you are a regular Tiny Talk or Diva Dialogue reader, then you might already know that I have a puppy. Well, this week, I am excited because our pup is turning 1 year old tomorrow!
I am especially excited about this birthday because I feel like I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Now that he is older, I can see his bad puppy habits are starting to fade away.
Being as excited as I am, I have tossed around the idea of throwing a doggie birthday party. While I don’t have any children of my own, I thought it would be fun to spoil our pup in his own way. Some people think I am crazy, but I think it would be a neat idea.
If you like the idea of celebrating your pup’s special day, here are some fun ideas:
- Bake a cake: Search online for some pet friendly cake recipes for your dog. Some favorites that caught our eye include Peanut Butter Delight and Kibble Cake.
- Buy a special toy & wrap it: Does your dog have a favorite toy? If so, why not buy him a shiny new toy that isn’t already all chewed up. And, for even more fun, you can wrap it and let your dog tear off the paper without getting in trouble!
- Head to day care or the dog park: Is your dog socialized? Then, let your dog play with his neighborhood friends by sending him to day care or taking him to the dog park.
- Head somewhere new & take a long walk: Rather than taking the same old walk, go somewhere different and let your pup explore the new surroundings.
- Have a party: Invite the neighborhood dogs over for a party. Let them run around in the background and nibble on the birthday cake that you made. Some websites like Good Dog Express offer fun dog party supplies.
Sign up for exclusive deals and offers from Tiny Prints!