Some of our staff members lined up to watch the midnight showing of the latest Harry Potter movie last night, and they all loved it! This most recent Harry Potter craze has us thinking that parents might want to revive the Harry Potter party theme for their little ones this summer. The great news is that you don’t have to get the cheesy themed plates, napkins, tablecloths and party favors to host a stylish Harry Potter party—just use some of these suggestions for a wonderful party fit for a wizard!
- Make your own costumes using felt capes, cut-out Harry Potter glasses and striped ties and scarves. This article from About.com has a great slide show of Harry Potter characters in costume to use as a reference, and even offers a printable glasses template!
- No party would be complete without adorable Harry Potter cupcakes to match! Get inspired by these ideas from Once Upon a Cupcake.
- As a party craft idea, have all the guests make their own Golden Snitch following these simple instructions from Jan’s Reading Room:
- For more recipes, including Snape’s Fizzing Jelly Bugs and Wizard’s Crumpets, and some ideas for decorating and creating party bags, check out these great ideas for hosting Tea at Hogwarts.
- Don’t forget the invitation—personalize one of these Tiny Prints birthday party invitations to let all your guests know it’s a special event for wizards only!