Football is coming back in all its fall glory, and it’s definitely not just for the boys anymore. At least one good friend of mine has season tickets to watch her alma mater USC dominate in college football, and all of my girlfriends from back home in San Diego have vowed to keep their nails painted blue and gold as we watch every game in support of the Chargers throughout the season.
With more and more girls getting into the game, we can undoubtedly look forward to fun, fan-filled football parties all season long! I can’t wait to have the girls over to watch the game, and since I’m a bit of a health nut, I’ve rounded up some healthier alternatives to my favorite football fare to help you cheer on your team with your friends and family:
- Guacamole dip from Hungry Girl
- Warm Spinach and Artichoke Dip from Ellie Krieger
- Prosciutto-Wrapped Crudites from Giada De Laurentiis
- Baked “fried” zucchini from Hungry Girl
- AMAZING brownie muffins from Hungry Girl (yes, I love Hungry Girl, but you really HAVE to try this recipe! It’s so easy, low fat and scrumptious!)
- Kellogg’s Rice Krispies football treats (because they are so cute, and you’ve gotta splurge sometimes!)