The holiday season is a great time to get creative with your culinary delights. Especially if you have kids in the house (or even just kids at heart!), creating cute little treats for parties, family dinners or just as afternoon snacks can be a great way to get everyone in the spirit of the holdiay. If you are looking for easy ways to add fun to your finger foods, check out these great food craft sites for some ideas and inspiration:
- Disney’s FamilyFun.com has some of the best ideas on the web for cute crafts and fun food creations. I love their Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas ideas, but they even have some great everyday tips for creating an extra fun family meal.
- The ever-stylish Martha Stewart also offers excellent food craft ideas, including some charming adult ideas better suited for cocktail parties than some of the more cutesy recipes found elsewhere online.
- The Crafty Crow is a great craft site for kids that offers a wealth of ideas for parents looking to spend some quality time with their children in a creative setting. This ingenious site is responsible for the super creepy shrunken apple heads below! Yikes!
- If your family loves M&Ms, Snickers and Milky Way bars, then Red and Yellow’s Bright Ideas is the site for you! Run by the Mars corporation, this site has adorable edible crafts for you and your family to create out of common candy items.
- Another great creative resource for parents is FreeKidsCrafts.com. Not all of these crafts are edible, but they all have to do with food, fun and spending time together as a family!