With Super Bowl Sunday fast approaching, you’re probably either searching the web for fun finger-food recipes or planning a huge shopping trip with the girls while your men sit glued to the TV. If you are planning to watch the game (and we hear that 80 percent of moms are planning to watch this year!), you may need to brush up on your football lingo before the big game. Here’s a collection of fun links from around the web to help you look and sound like a pro even if you’re an NFL novice. We’ve also thrown in a few great recipes, too!
- Start with the snacks—once you master these fun recipes that Hostess with the Mostess borrowed from Rachael Ray, your guests will be happy to help you figure out why the Super Bowl is in Tampa Bay when Pittsburgh and Arizona are playing.
- Get a grip on football basics with this short Super Bowl overview from the Capitol Journal.
- Want a more in-depth cheat sheet? Read all about downs, punts and passes in Football 101 for Moms (and Clueless Dads), an article written for parents with kids who are interested in playing the sport.
- Still hungry for more great recipes? We couldn’t resist adding these easy culinary creations from Yahoo’s Shine forum to the table!
- Looking for an icebreaker? Chat up other moms at the party by discussing this sweet article from USA Football, in which NFL moms discuss how their little ones came to be gridiron champs.