Feb

When a good friend of mine recently received a slow cooker as a gift, I was overjoyed. I have never owned a slow cooker, so I had visions of helping her to create all of these glorious recipes that I hadn’t ever dreamed of before.

Then I started to flip through slow cooker cookbooks, and found myself less than thrilled with my options. I love soup, chili and stew just as much as the next girl, but are there any other recipes out there for slow cookers that seem a little bit more exciting?

The most interesting sites I’ve found thus far include Slow-Cooker Solutions from Parents.com, SlowAndSimple.com and the Crock-Pot site. Do you have any others to add to the list?

Cashew Chicken from Parents.com

Comments

comments

Tags: , , ,
Category: General Information
Bookmark the permalink

7 Responses

1. Jenna says:

YES! This is FANTASTIC. Thank you SO much. I can’t wait to try out these recipes!!!!

2. Luke says:

I own a slow cooker. If you’re lazy like me, get one. Great investment!! Great food.

3. Christi says:

crockpot cooking isn’t ‘sexy’ or ‘exciting’
    it’s simple food cooked without a lot of hands-on attention

this is a great cookbook
    [url=http://www.amazon.com/Betty-Crockers-Slow-Cooker-Cookbook/dp/0028634691/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1235678863&sr=8-1]Betty Crocker’s Slow Cooker Cookbook

also you can adapt any recipe that calls for a dutch oven to the crockpot – Barefoot Contessa has some great recipes

4. Katie says:

Thanks for the tips, Christi! I love Barefoot Contessa, and can’t wait to try her slow cooker recipes.

5. Susan says:

This is great! I love my crockpot and highly recommend it for people who just don’t have time to cook during the week. I’ve made soups and stews, even RIBS!

6. Pingback: Anonymous

7. Meghan says:

I used to bake bread in my slow cooker when I was in college. Banana nut bread with chocolate chips was always a great treat to come home to after a long day of classes and the cold, snowy trek across campus.