Is your family staying in for New Year’s this year? Are you looking for fun ideas to keep the kids occupied?
If so, check out these fun ideas that are sure to keep everyone entertained throughout the night…
1. Have A Pajama Camp Out – Forget bedtime for one night and let your kids feel like they are on an adventure. Encourage everyone in the family to dress in their most comfy pajamas as you all settle on the living room in sleeping bags as you watch your favorite holiday movies while enjoying comforting winter snacks like S’mores and hot chocolate.
2. Bring in the New Year with a Bang – If you can’t get out to watch the fireworks, make your own! Visit a local party store to buy party blowers and get bubble wrap from a local shipping store. Then once midnight strikes let your kids let loose as they celebrate the first moments of the New Year.
3. Make Small Bites Together – Spend the afternoon with your kids preparing “small bites” for your evening. Make foods that they can easily make on their own or help with, such as Rice Krispy Treats, Deviled Eggs or even Fondue.
4. Games, Games, Games – Pull out all of those dusty board games from the closet and play all your favorites as you wait for the ball to drop. Mix in some of your favorites (i.e. Life and Monopoly) with something that your kids will like (i.e. Scene It, Candyland, Uno)
5. New Year’s Day Brunch – If your kids are too young to make it until midnight, save the celebration for tomorrow by preparing a New Year’s brunch. Have the whole family get involved to help you prepare freshly squeezed orange juice, homemade pancakes and more.
We hope this list strikes a few ideas for a fun stay at home New Year’s Eve! We wish you and your families a happy and healthy 2009.