Adding a new member to the family involves what I like to call the 3 Ex’s–Excitement, Exhaustion, and Expenses! While having a baby can be the most exciting time in a couple’s life, it can also be an expensive undertaking, and can leave little time in a woman’s life for the things she enjoyed pre-baby, like shopping.
Luckily, in the past few years, a number of different clothing lines have come out catering to stylish women who don’t want to spend an arm and a leg on something they’re going to wear for only a few months of their life, and that probably won’t be in style for their next pregnancy. And, because these stores all have an online shopping component, it’s easy to fit your shopping in without leaving the house. So, if you’re in the hunt for trendy maternity wear that won’t bust your budget, your search ends here:
- GapMaternity: With the same great style and simplicity you already love from Gap, GapMaternity offers Moms-to-Be simple silhouettes and great prices. Our favorite piece has to be the Demi Panel Jeans; their wearability through the different stages of pregnancy(and even afterward!) make them a great buy!
- Old Navy Maternity: With fun, funky colors that change with the seasons, Old Navy is perfect for a woman who wants to have the latest in fashion without spending a bundle. I’m loving this chic Maxi Dress with removable straps for maximum comfort and style!
- Japanese Weekend Maternity: With a huge collection ranging from activewear to stylish dress, swimsuits to sleepwear, Japanese Weekend offers something for everyone. Check out their eco-friendly line; Save the planet and your wardrobe at the same time!
- Belly Dance Maternity: I’m not even pregnant and I couldn’t stop staring at the adorable dresses, tops and pants on this site! I love how bright and summery this Nom Bright Cece Tier Dress is–show off your glow!
- Ingrid & Isabel: This site offers what one mom calls her pregnancy lifesaver–the BellaBand. Allowing you to wear your pre-pregnancy jeans when they no longer fit and your maternity jeans before you fill them out, this product will save any mom a ton of money while helping her to maintain a trendy wardrobe!