Even though I’ve not been asked to blog today, I thought I’ve give a recap of how The Gratitude Challenge has been so far. Yesterday we were asked to take five minutes to write down all the blessings in our lives. As I started this list it was pretty generic, I was thankful for family and friends, my home and my job. However, the more time I took, the more I realized there were so many things around me that I take for granted. Quickly, my list expanded, now I realized I am thankful for things like:
- Gravity for keeping my grounded
- My eye sight so that I can enjoy beauty in the world including sunsets and artwork
- My sense of smell so that I can enjoy a great perfume, the scent of flowers and the smell of an amazing meal
- My ability to feel, which prevents me from getting seriously hurt
- My ability to hear so that I can hear my parents and sister on the phone from 3,000 miles away
- My ability to taste great food
The list could keep going, which I think is amazing because on the first day it honestly was hard to take stock of the blessings in my life. However, now I see them everywhere I turn. I’ve also been able to give thanks for the negative things in my life, as we were asked to do on day 4, and I realize they aren’t so negative because they serve a purpose for growth and understanding.
As I sign off, I leave you with this, a photo of something beautiful that made me grateful this morning. Beautiful flowers from my fellow Tiny Talk blogger, Katie, which also came with the sweetest thank you note. I am grateful for sweet friends!
Sign up for exclusive deals and offers from Tiny Prints!