Jun

One of our staff members found this idea while looking for shower themes for a friend. The whole theme of the party revolves around the idea that ALL guests come to the baby shower dressed like they are nine months pregnant.

Guests stuff their shirts with pillows to “make sure the mom-to-be doesn’t feel out of place,” even if it’s a coed shower and men or younger guests are present.

Would you host a “nine month’s pregnant” shower? Do you think it’s fun and funny, or just plain odd? Do you think the guest of honor should be the only pregnant on there? What are the perks of having a party full of preggos? You tell us!

tummy-love-baby-shower-invitation

Comments

comments

Tags: , , ,
Category: Baby Showers, General Information, You Tell Us
Bookmark the permalink

7 Responses

1. Sarah says:

It could be funny – with the right small group of friends. I know that I had some friends at my shower who were experiencing fertility issues, so I wouldn’t want to have done that. I think it could be hurtful to those friends who were still wishing for a baby belly.

2. ally says:

i think that is just too bizarre. YUCK.

3. Kristi says:

I wouldn’t host one, and I wouldn’t be comfortable attending one, either. In addition to the issue raised by Sarah above, it seems to me to be similar to having all the wedding guests wear big white dresses! A mommy-to-be is SUPPOSED to stand out at a shower! It’s her time to celebrate! Besides, a baby belly is not something to be embarrassed or ashamed of or feel out of place with – it’s gorgeous and to be honored!

If it was a co-ed shower, I think it could be cute to play a game where the teams have to give a guy the most convincing baby-bump by stuffing his shirt with butcher or tissue paper, though!

4. Colleen Augustine says:

You said “wedding” guests? I’m assuming you mean baby shower guests. There is a huge difference. I think it would be cute, but only for the women. Not for a couple shower.

5. Mandy says:

That would be quite odd. A baby shower is a special time dedicated to the mom-to-be and she should stand out. It’s her time and the focus should be on her and her soon-to-be bundle of joy.

6. Kristi says:

@Colleen Augustine – no, I meant wedding guests…it would be similar to wedding guests wearing white, which IMHO should be reserved for the bride, and a baby belly should be reserved for the mommy-to-be.

7. Sarah says:

@Kristi – well said! A baby belly is gorgeous and should be honored!