Happy Friday- today on the blog, we are very excited to welcome back Lynn Lilly from Craft Box Girls who came with plenty of fun housewarming gift ideas to share! Moving into a new home is an exciting and almost always stressful time. Lynn can relate, she shares her love for giving thoughtful and useful personalized gifts for housewarming congratulations. From gift baskets to homemade candles, you won’t want to miss out on these great gift ideas.
Moving into a new home is a special and exciting time. I absolutely love congratulating friends on their new home with a thoughtful, useful and personalized gift. I enjoy spending the time picking out gifts that I know the person will use and appreciate. Putting together a gift basket filled with a few different items is the perfect solution if you are unsure about what to give. My perfect gift basket includes Glamorous Stripe Black Address Labels, homemade candles, a DIY recipe book and a Herringbone Monogram Throw Blanket.
Below is a rundown of everything included in my perfect housewarming gift basket:
The Glamorous Stripe Black Address Labels are a great practical gift that are guaranteed to get used.
Homemade scented candles are one of my favorite gifts to give because they keep on giving! Follow my easy step by step instructions to make your own.
- Soy Wax (3 cups will fill an 8 ounce jar)
- Peppermint and Lavender Essential Oils
- Hot Glue & Glue Gun
- Double Boiler or a Large Pot and Heat Safe Bowl
- Glass Containers (old candle containers, mason jars, etc)
- Melt wax until it is liquefied. Stir occasionally.
- Option 1: Use a double boiler
- Option2: Take a large pot and add about 2-3 cups of water. Use a heat safe bowl that can completely cover the opening of the pot. The bottom of the bowl can not touch the water. Place the pot with the bowl sitting on top of it on the stove, add wax to the bowl and heat at medium heat until the wax is completely melted. The steam from the simmering water in the pot melts the wax in the bowl.
2. While the wax is melting use the hot glue gun to secure the wicks to the inside bottom of the glass container.
3. Once the wax is melted let it cool for a few minutes (optimal temperature is 125 degrees Fahrenheit).
4. Next add a few drops of essential oils. If you are using two scents use 5-7 drops of the dominant scent and 3-4 drops of the secondary scent. If you are only using one scent add 8-10 drops.
5. Stir the scents into the wax for about 30 seconds.
6. Pour the wax in the containers and let the wax set overnight. Be careful as the wax is really hot. I recommend using pot holders or heat safe gloves.
7. Trim your wick to 1/4 inch.
Coasters are easy and practical gift. Follow these easy instructions:
- White Porcelain Tiles
- Rubber Stoppers
- Scrapbook Paper or Pictures
- Foam Brush
- Mod Podge
- Flip tile over and place the self adhesive stopper in each corner.
- Flip the tile back over so the shiny side is facing up. Use the foam brush to apply a layer of Mod Podge to the tile.
- Lay a piece of scrapbook paper or a picture on the tile and smooth out bubbles using your fingers.
- Apply 2-3 more layers of Mod Podge on top of your paper, allowing each layer to dry to for a few minutes in between each layer.
I am old fashion and like to write my recipes in a book and like to encourage others to write down their favorite recipes. Chan Vu, one of Craft Box Girls bloggers, created step by step instructions on how to make this cute DIY Recipe Book.
Lastly and my personal favorite is the Herringbone Personalized Throw Blanket. This one of the most comfortable, cozy blankets I have owned! This is guaranteed to be a home run with anyone!
Happy gift giving!