Father’s Day is only weeks away, and if you still need to find the perfect photos for your personalized Father’s Day card, we’re here to help! Take down these top tips from our professional in-house photographer and you’ll be well on your way to a picture-perfect Father’s Day card.
- The best photos have a high resolution, or pixel count. Set your camera to the highest resolution possible to get the sharpest images.
- For better balanced photos, use the Rule of Thirds. Imagine a nine-square grid in your viewfinder and position your subject at any intersection of the lines—just not in the middle. This will make your photos more interesting and your Father’s Day cards more unique!
- Love the light. No matter how cute your kids look in a grainy or dark photo, low quality images will take away from the magic of your Father’s Day cards. If indoors, shoot in front of a window or other well-lit place, or use your flash. If outdoors, try to avoid shooting directly into the sun or under it. If the sun is unavoidable, use your flash to lighten any shadows. Cards with well composed images will make the kiddos really shine!
- Focus, focus, focus. Use your camera’s automatic focus to get crisp images. Using your flash, even when you’re outdoors, will also help deter the blur.
- Get close and be creative. Zooming in to avoid background distractions will create images with impact. Also, mixing up your angles (vertical shots!), shooting from different distances and playing with color coordination can make all the difference in your finished product.
Now you’re ready to take the perfect pics that will delight Dad this Father’s Day… happy snapping!