One of my favorite parts of the holiday season is that even if movies are as vintage as “It’s a Wonderful Life” or “Miracle on 34th Street,” they are still aired on TV so that kids of all ages can see them and continue the tradition for years to come. My grandmother, aunts and cousins still religiously watch “It’s a Wonderful Life” on Christmas Eve—a family tradition that I hope will never stop!
What movies do your kids love to watch during the holiday season? We’ve compiled our list of favorites, from classics to cartoons and comedies, to help you start new traditions of your own this season. Happy holidays!
Top Holiday Movies for Kids
1. The Muppet Christmas Carol
2. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
3. A Charlie Brown Christmas
4. How the Grinch Stole Christmas (original!)
5. Mickey’s Christmas Carol
Top Holiday Movies for Teens
2. A Christmas Story
3. Home Alone
4. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
5. The Nightmare Before Christmas
Are there any holiday favorites we left out? Leave a comment and let us know!