Post by Jessica R.
Once in a while the clouds part, the stars align, and you find yourself with an hour of free time. No kids. No tasks. Nothing. What to do with that time?
1) A latte, a book, and some great music. There’s a lot to be said for a book that has no pictures and doesn’t rhyme and even more to be said about a decadent treat that you don’t have to share. Makes you feel special and reminds you that there’s more to life than dirty diapers and spilt milk.
2) A brisk walk. All too often moms forget to take care of themselves. A brisk walk takes care of two things – your health and your sanity. Bonus, you won’t have to stop every two steps to ohhh and ahhh over another leaf, flower, or pebble.
3) Call a good friend for a nice long chat. It’s impossible to have a great conversation when you have children pawing at you and begging for your attention. Give yourself and your friend the gift of undivided attention. Again a great reminder that there’s more to life than… you get the gist.
4) Turn off your cell phone and go shopping in fancy stores with lots of breakables. Enjoy not having to say “Don’t touch that.” “Put that Down.” or “Get away from there NOW!.”
5) Take a nap. Find somewhere cozy, lie down, and take a nap. Sleep. Enough said.
How do you spend a kid free hour?