Post by Jessica R.
Here’s a little parenting humor to remind us that sometimes it’s better to laugh than to cry when we realize that our lives no longer resemble anything we ever imagined.
You know you’re a parent when…
- You refer to “using the restroom” as “going potty.” For yourself. In public. Around other adults.
- You need a hair tie to put your hair in a ponytail and ask if anyone has seen a “pretty” for you to use. For yourself.
- You cut up your husband’s steak into teeny, tiny pieces for him.
- You’re not just a “parent” to your kids, but to everyone—asking if they’ve eaten enough, if they feel alright, if they need help (and not in a host-type way).
- You’re always prepared—if someone needs a bandage, you have one. If someone needs crayons or a pen, you’ve got one. If someone needs a snack or juice, you’ve got one—mainly because you never leave the house without your “bag o’ tricks.”
- Click here to visit Crazyadventuresinparenting.com to see the rest of this fantastic list. It just gets better and better.
When did you know you were really a parent?