It’s that time of year again to decorate with bright lights and festive colors. If you’re still looking for ways to decorate your home this season, this simple and classic DIY by Debbie from Party Patisserie will definitely help you get into the holiday spirit!
Every year, I love to change my Christmas decorating theme. That’s partly because I love the challenge of starting over with a new idea and, because I host the whole family every year, I like the decorations to be new and fresh.
This year I took my inspiration from Tiny Prints’ adorable Christmas card, Joyful Brilliance.
The word “joy” is such a cherished Christmas sentiment, so I thought it would be perfect to make a tabletop or mantle display using the large bold letters that are so popular now.
Wrapping the letters in white and silver metallic yarn provided the warm, textural look I was after.
Here’s what you need to make them:
- Silver & white metallic yarn
- Double sided tape
- Paper-mache letters
1. Tape the end of the yarn to the back of the letter.
2. Wrap the yarn tightly around the letter.
3. Continue wrapping tightly until the whole letter is covered.
4. To finish, cut off the yarn leaving just enough to tie to the back. You can tape or glue it if you prefer.
5. The letters “J” and “Y” take a little more patience. I first wrapped the sections of the letters with double-sided tape, which held the yarn in place perfectly when wrapping. If you prefer the letters to be a little fuller, just wrap them twice.
I put them on the mantle, and to keep with my inspiration, I added some woodland animals, trees and ornaments.
I had a few Christmas cards left over, so I cut them into a square and circle and attached them to little gift boxes to complete the vignette. No wasting Christmas cards here!
Shop: Christmas Cards