We are thrilled to have Lynn Lilly from Craft Box Girls with us with sharing her quick summer party recipes. These delicious summer recipes are sure to be a splash with your guests!
Summer is officially here and we are celebrating with a pool party with our friends and family! Beat the heat with delicious recipes, drinks and a fun day by the pool! We have the perfect recipe for you to celebrate summer!
Along with the heat comes sunshine. Display Sunscreen in a festive hand painted clay pot. Your guests surely will not forget to protect their skin with this custom art creation displayed on the table.
- Clay Pot
- Acrylic Paint
- Ribbon or Rick Rack
- Hot Glue Gun
- Mod Podge Clear Acrylic Sealer
- Painters Tape
- If you would like to paint stripes or a design, use painters tape to create your design.
- Once the paint is dry use a hot glue gun to attached ribbon or rick or rack.
- Let the entire pot dry for at least 1-2 hours.
- Outdoors or in a well ventilated area, spray the pot with Mod Podge Clear Acrylic Sealer.
- Wait 30 minutes before using.
A party is not complete without a delicious menu! We treated our guests to easy but flavorful appetizers, seasoned bacon cheese burgers, pasta salad and Mexican street corn on the cob.
Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Mini Sausages:
- Wrap mini sausages with raw bacon, skewer with a tooth pick.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Mix 4-6 ounces of Philadelphia Cream Cheese with powder garlic to taste.
- Spread the mixture on the bottom of an 8 or 9 inch glass pie dish.
- Add a layer of pizza sauce.
- Top with a layer of shredded Mozzarella cheese.
- Add another layer of pizza sauce.
- Top with a layer of shredded Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese plus pieces of pepperoni.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbling.
- Serve with pita chips, pretzels chips and crackers for dipping.
Don’t forget to keep you guests hydrated. We had an assortment of fruit and a homemade lemonade with fresh strawberries and lemon slices.
Our main course include simple bacon cheese burgers, Betty Crocker Suddenly Salad Classic Pasta and Mexican street corn on the cob.
The party was success and our guests are already asking about the next one! Happy summer!